For edition 2023, the organizing team of MatomoCamp launched the MatomoCamp Plugin Development Competition.
Entry dates are: from August the 9th to October the 31th 2023
Who can participate?
Anyone who has some development skills, even with some basic skills you can already achieve great plugin.
How to participate?
Register before October the 31th 2023 for the MatomoCamp Developer Competition at this url https://matomocamp.org/contact-us/ using the subject “MatomoCamp Developer Competition”.
Submit your plugin before the submission deadline (October the 31th 2023) to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (You can send a public Git repository url).
The winners will be announced at the end of MatomoCamp on November the 10th.
How to learn coding a plugin for Matomo?
You can follow the Matomo Guidelines https://developer.matomo.org. Some online courses are released for free during the time of the competition:
Plugin development ideas
Feel free to create the Matomo plugin you wish for this competition, to give you a shortlist of ideas:
- Data visualization
- Matomo Performance
- Third party integration
If you are looking for some ideas you can also ask to the MatomoCamp community at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14296388/. If you would like to get some inspiration you can have a look at existing plugins at https://plugins.matomo.org/
The plugin should follow Matomo developers guidelines
- The plugin should be well documented
- The plugin should be under Open Source / MIT license
- The plugin should match GDPR rules
- The plugin is not a copycat of an existing plugin
- The plugin should be compatible with the latest Matomo version
- The most important criteria will be the value added plugin to the Matomo community
There will be three winners for this competition:
- First place : 200€ + Premium bundle (unlimited users / 1 year – 4499€)
- Second place : 150€ + Growth bundle (unlimited users / 1 year – 2999€)
- Third place : 50€ + Content optimization bundle (unlimited users / 1 year – 1499€)
To register for the competition or if you have any questions, contact us by using the following form.